Sunday, March 18, 2012

Smoke-Free - Day 4 Update

Its Day 4 since I quit smoking. Each day seems a bit less painful (cravings) than the previous day. Although I must say, I am right now in mid-wave of a very powerful craving fit. I'm a bit surprised at this, especially since the nicotine is supposed to be out of my system now. Typing this post and having a bowl of cereal is helping.

I did not go to the gym today. But I did go yesterday. I have not noticed a change in my endurance level yet. Probably still too early.

There have been a couple of bizarre things I've noticed during this early stage in the quitting smoking process. I was doing some household chores earlier and while doing them I was thinking, "okay, so I'll finish this, have a smoke then go ......................." Wait a Minute!! I don't smoke anymore!!!

Smoking was such a regular part of my daily routine, I conciously planned and arranged for when I would have my next cigarette. Wow!! That's Insane!!

So now, I actually have more time in my day. I figure each cigarette took me on average 5-7 minutes to smoke and I had on average 20 per day. That gives me 120mins extra per day. Holy Moly!! 2 hours of my day were spent smoking!!! Seriously?!?!?
Wow!! 

No comments: