Monday, March 26, 2012

Membership: Rights and Responsibilities

As a fitness club member, or a member of any organization for that matter, you have rights and you have responsibilities. Its our nature to focus on our rights and to protest when we feel our rights are being ignored or trampled. And, its also our nature to forget, by-pass, avoid or downright ignore our responsibilities.

As a member, its our responsibility to report problems, errors, and needs to management so that these items can be address and fixed. Makes sense?  But do we do it? Probably not very well. And I am guilty of that also. When I see missing weight pegs, or magnets; broken treadmills or empty towel rolls, I probably should mention it on my way out, at the very least. Why whats the point??

Well, as a member we have the power to improve our club by reporting things that we see need attention.

Furthermore; as a member in a health and fitness facility we should be responsible for our own messes. Dispose of your garbage and wipe down the equipment when you're done.
Its such a small thing, but can make a world of difference in your club.
Again, I am not perfect and do forget to wipe down equipment; but 99% of the time, I do wipe down.

and that, would be the one and only rant I will post on this blog.................

until next time; don't sweat the small stuff

    

No comments: