Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Diet - Easy And Tasty Recipe #4

Today I was busy busy busy. No time for breakfast or lunch. I managed a quick and tasty brunch instead then out the door again to my next appointment.
I did remember to take a picture of my brunch so I can share with you.

Quick Crunchy Pita Sandwich
serves 1 or 2
2 pitas (Mediterranean style or whatever you have on hand)
3 slices 0% fat processed mozzarella
1/2 tomato, sliced
1/4 cup lettuce, diced
1/2 small onion, sliced
3 slices fat free deli roast beef (or whatever your favourite deli meat might be)
2 tsp Balkan style plain yogurt

Pre-heat skillet with 1 tsp canola or olive oil. Place one pita in pan. Add the cheese, deli meat, onion, tomato, lettuce and yogurt. Cover with second pita. Cover with lid.
When bottom is crisp, lay a small plate over the top of the sandwich and slide spatula underneath, carefully flip the sandwich onto the plate, then slide into the pan.
OR: If you have a panini press/maker; place all the ingredients into the panini maker and crisp until desired crispness is achieved.
Cut into wedges and enjoy!! 

No comments: