Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Paper Towels are a Nice Touch

Todays update is a brief recounting of my visit to Premier Fitness/PhysioMed at Upper James Street in Hamilton.
I was a bit late for my workout today, I had a few meetings this morning, so I decided to re-visit Upper James since I really wanted to use their super nice private showers. I cut my workout a bit short, choosing to do 40 mins of cardio and 10 mins of stretching. I was a bit distracted this morning, and forgot to pack my sweat towel and a bottle of water. Total bummer! I asked someone at the desk if they had towels, he said they don't provide towels. This seems to be a service that is provided by some locations but not all. I can see the disadvantages; extra costs for laundry and the likely possibility of towels not being returned. But the advantages to members is the additional perk of having towels available, if you happen to forget your own.
After my workout on the treadmill, I had difficulty finding paper towels in the section I was in. Both nearby dispensers were empty. I found some on the other side of the upper gym and diligently went about wiping down the treadmill I had been using.
Back downstairs I grabbed my bag and items from my locker and chose one of the nice private shower rooms. The room was quite nice. The shower itself was relatively clean. After I changed I looked for some tp but both dispensers were empty. The paper towel dispenser was also empty as was the soap dispenser for the sink. It was about 11:30am. I was a bit surprised that no one had gone around the gym and changerooms to check on these things. I know when I was a teen and worked for a well-known ice cream and burger place, one of the things we were required to do was check at the beginning and end of our shift to make sure tp, paper towels, napkins and hand soap dispensers were all topped up.
Hopefully next time this small inconvenience will be attended to.
Overall, I had an enjoyable workout and a very nice shower.

No comments: