Thursday, March 8, 2012

Diet - Easy and Tasty Recipe #1

I love Blogger, I only wish I could choose what page I want my posts to appear. Then, I could catagorize my posts into; Workout Updates, Freedom - updates on my journey to being smoke-free, Diet - Tips, food prep ideas and recipies. But until they introduce this into blogger, I will have to make do with all my posts being on the same page.
And now to the topic at hand!!
Today I enjoyed a tasty, healthy easy-to-prepare lunch. I'm not a nutritionist or a chef, just a normal average woman. I am creative, and was able to throw together a few ingredients and create a nice meal. Below are the ingredients and general preparation for a dish that had a Thai-like taste. Enjoy!
 Ginger and Orange Chicken
serves 2
2 - skinned and deboned chicken breasts
1 orange (grate rind set aside, cut in half, remove skin from half and dice, set other half aside)
1 brown mushroom silced
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/3 cup red pepper (roasted or fresh) diced
1/4 cup chicken stock (low sodium or homemade)
sea salt and black pepper
rice stick noodles (thin or thick; whatever your preference)

  • Heat 1 tbsp of canola or olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add chicken and sear both sides till slightly brown. Remove chicken from pan and let rest. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
  • Add to the saucepan the mushroom, red pepper and ginger. Saute until mushrooms are lighty cooked.
  • Meanwhile bring medium pot of water to boil and cook rice noodles until done. Drain noodles and set aside.
  • Add chicken back into the pan when mushrooms are lightly cooked. Add grated orange rind and chicken stock. Cover pan and simmer lightly for 5-10 mins or until chicken is nearly done. Remove lid and finish cooking chicken, sauce will thicken slightly.
  • Place noodles on plate and arrange chicken on top, with sauted vegetables and sauce from pan. Squeeze the 1/2 orange that was not diced onto the chicken and add the diced oranges to the plate.
Serve and enjoy!!

  

No comments: