Sunday, April 22, 2012

Quit Smoking Update: 5 Weeks

Yep, I did it. 5 weeks no cigarettes, no nicotine. Done, fini.
Easy???  Heck NO!

And you don't even know the half of it!!! My personal life has taken a major tumble in the past 9 months. Most people would definitely not even consider quitting smoking. My own doctor was shocked that I did it. My timing was certainly not good, and I put alot of extra stresses on myself; both physically and psychologically. But I would still encourage anyone anytime anywhere to quit smoking. The final act is liberating. No longer am I a slave to nicotine. Constantly buying cigarettes, making sure I have a lighter, making sure I have them with me................like some kind of ...............addict!!!

I still very occasionally think about smoking. But the thoughts are fewer, last mere seconds and are farther between each other.

I think that the saving grace for me was sticking to a daily exercise program and adding a nutritional plan. These two things help to re-balance things for me physically and psychologically.

Please, if you are considering quitting but need that extra push, just drop me a line or post a comment here and I will respond.

No comments: