Friday, April 27, 2012

Today's Workout: Update April 2012

As you know, I've been following a nutrition plan for the past two weeks along with personal training sessions AND I have my own workout routine that I go through in between my PT sessions. Right now, I go to the gym at least 6 times per week for at least 1 hour each visit. This gives me 6 hours of vigorous to moderate physical exercise each week.
I'm still using the schedule I set out for myself and listed in a previous post:


My exercise schedule is:
Monday: 1hr personal training session
Tuesdays: 1hr cardio
Wednesday: 1hr personal training session
Thursdays: 1hr cardio
Friday: 1hr boxing
Saturday: 1hr cardio/weights
Sunday: 1hr cardio/weights

This week I did change it up a wee bit. Tuesday and Thursday I added some weight training and a few strength training exercise that my PT had shown to me. Today I did NOT go to boxing. I was actually more in the mood for a good cardio session, so I spent 40 mins on the treadmill. According to the readouts on these machines, my ideal target heart rate for a cardio workout is 140. I have previously been able to read that target using a level 3 elevation and a 3.8 speed. Unfortunately that formula no longer works for me!!! Now I have to set the treadmill at level 4 elevation and 4.2-4.4 speed in order to reach my target heart rate of 140.  Thing is; already I can see myself getting used to this increase and eventually will have to increase it again. The biggest problem will be that due to my knees not being able to handle me running on them for any extended period; I don't know how fast I can walk nor at what elevation I can handle before my knees start to complain.  BUT, I'm not there yet, so I should not worry about something that hasn't happened yet. We shall cross that trainer when we get to it. *groan*

Looking at my calendar now, I have 6 weeks left before my self-imposed deadline arrives for my Belly Fat Challenge. Honestly, I think I'm doing fairly well. No, I'm not ready to take another picture to post here. The first one was hard enough for me to find the courage to post it, lol.  I'd like to give myself at least one more week, then post a picture to show you the progress I've made.

If you've been following me, you will have noted by now that losing body fat; whether it be belly, butt, arms or legs, is a very long and challenging process to undertake. It takes REAL work to change your health. Ever watch that TV show; The biggest loser?  Have you ever noticed how much those people sweat?  How hard they work?? The diet they eat???  It takes alot of commitment, determination and a "never give up" attitude to reach the goal to being health. Not only that; it requires commitment, determination and a "never give up" attitude to STAY HEALTHY.  If you learn nothing else from eating healthy and adopting a regular exercise routine; learn that its not a temporary act. To stay healthy you have to keep up the new way of eating and the exercise routine. Essentially, you change your lifestyle.  Sounds scary??  Too hard???  I thought so too. But once you adopt a new routine and way of eating, it becomes a part of your regular everyday life. I don't even think about it as something separate from the rest of my daily routine. Its like brushing my hair or getting dressed. Its just normal now.   


until next time...don't sweat the small stuff

No comments: