Monday, June 4, 2012

The Countdown Begins

With only 3 days to go before my birthday and the official end day of the Belly Fat Challenge I am now a bit nervous about the final results.  Why??  Well, being human, I have faltered from the nutrition plan here and there and indulged in a few more carbs than what had been recommended. Truth be told; I have also indulged in one or two chocolate bars very recently!! ARG!!!!

But wait!!!! Is this the end of the world????  Have I failed miserably???  Ummmmm, no; in fact these simple facts serve to demonstrate that our society still needs work at improving the image of health and fitness.  Its not just a fad for the severely bored and oppressed.  For those who have no imagination or who have insane prejudice for meat-eaters.  These are all stereo-typical ideas of those who are keen about health and fitness.  Its like the nerdy kid in class.  Everyone knows he's gonna earn waay more than anyone else in the class when he grows up; but he is still persecuted by his classmates simply because he is a nerd.  Thus does society poke fun and stereo-type those of us who make health and fitness a lifestyle choice. I know I get comments from time to time about the amount of time I spend at the gym.  However, I am committed to this lifestyle now and I am enjoying the benefits of being healthy.  Feeling good, having more energy, sleeping better, clothes fitting better, improved self esteem and improved overall outlook on life in general. 

Likely I will NOT post on my birthday, June 7th as I will be busy ....... however I will post final results and final comments on my Belly Fat Challenge this weekend, June 9th or 10th.

enjoy the rest of your week

until then; don't sweat the small stuff!!

No comments: